Lead Graphic Designer, Creative Thinker, Lifestyle Lover
Kenny Flowers is looking for a top-notch Graphic Designer to join our small, energized team that feels more like a family. As a growing e-commerce business, our goal is to keep bringing unique creative assets to our audience and continue telling our unique story as we scale into a leading lifestyle brand.
As a Graphic Designer, you will be working alongside our creative crew in the conceptualization, design and development of creative content for all brand and marketing initiatives. You will work closely with our founder Kenny Haisfield, our Head off Women’s Christina Vidal and our Marketing team to create a strong visual presence for the company across all platforms and make sure our audience can embrace the feeling of vacation every day.
As the Lead Designer, you will have considerable influence in the ongoing development of our look - from the website to email marketing material and social media marketing.
We’re seeking someone who will be driven and focused on achieving design objectives in tight timeframes, and who wants to swing for the fences with out-of-box ideas and concepts.
We want this to be the coolest job you’ve ever had, and the beginning of an awesome new future with Kenny Flowers.
- Contribute to our creative vision from ideation, to execution, and asset delivery.
- Conceptualize visuals based on requirements, prepare rough drafts, present ideas to the team and amend designs based on feedback.
- Design and execute layouts and marketing assets for social media, digital marketing, homepage features, landing pages, site banners, email marketing, etc.
- Responsible for producing packaging artwork components (including packaging designs, labels, stickers, inserts, care cards, etc.) and promotional items (hats, tees, etc.)
- Source inspiration and create mood boards for specific designs, campaigns and projects.
- Understand the importance of following a brand guide document to ensure that assets are on brand, on strategy, and accurately executed based on approved style guidelines.
- Maintain the Kenny Flowers brand guidelines and responsibility for communicating this to the team and external partners.
- Create on trend and on brand gifs, memes, etc. for social media channels.
- Occasionally capture and display your design process and how we bring ideas and collections to life.
- Ability to edit/optimize imagery from photoshoots to be used across Kenny Flowers website and social media channels.
You are a high-energy, organized, detail-oriented, self-motivated, responsible, hard worker and a clear communicator.
- Bachelor’s degree in Art, Fine Arts, Design or Graphic Design.
- Background in creative fields such as ecommerce, fashion or travel is a plus.
- 2-3 years of graphic design experience required, plus previous experience in working with numerous design platforms.
- Strong conceptual thinking and able to take projects from conception to finished design.
- Ability to consistently execute with excellence and constantly work on improving design skills.
- Strong portfolio demonstrating great sense of composition, typography, and layout skills.
- Proficiency with multiple design softwares (i.e. Adobe Creative Suite, Illustrator, Photoshop, Lightroom, In Design, Canva)
- Previous photo and video editing experience is a plus. Eye for photo editing, cropping, and compositing as well as skillful retouching and color correction.
- Graphics should capture the attention of those who see them and communicate the right Kenny Flowers message. For this, you need to have a creative flair and a strong ability to translate the Kenny Flowers brand into design.
- Ability to handle multiple projects, prioritize, and work well under tight deadlines.
- Great communication, strong multitasking ability, detail-oriented and flexible.
- Able to take direction but operate with minimal supervision and thrive in an environment working independently in a constantly-evolving atmosphere. Preferably have prior experience working remote with teammates in multiple time zones.
- Must be a strong written, verbal and visual communicator that can represent our unique brand voice and personality and effectively communicate to a large number of people. Grammatical mistakes and spelling errors drive you crazy.
- Desire to contribute to an awesome company and product. Motivated to get Kenny Flowers to the next level.
- Wholeheartedly embody the lifestyle that Kenny Flowers aims to bring out in others.
- Positive attitude, hunger to learn and have fun.
- Experience rocking Kenny Flowers in multiple scenarios.
Who you’ll work with:
- Our founder, Kenny Haisfield, and our Head of Women’s, Christina Vidal, to bring their ideas and creative visions to life.
- Our marketing team to execute creative multi-channel campaigns across email, social media and the Kenny Flowers website.
To apply please email firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line: Graphic Designer - YOUR NAME.
Please include your resume, your social media handles, and a cover letter.