DIRECTOR OF MARKETING
Position: Full Time
Kenny Flowers is looking for an experienced Marketing Director to join our small, driven team. As a growing D2C business, our goal is to get the attention of future customers and to keep things fresh for our current customers as we continue scaling into a leading lifestyle brand.
We are looking for a talented and motivated director of marketing to lead the Kenny Flowers marketing and creative department. The successful candidate must possess excellent leadership qualities, with the ability to maximize the talents of a small and growing marketing team.
As the director of marketing, you will work closely with Kenny, the marketing team, contractors and external agencies to deliver engaging content that meets the expectations of our customers.
You should be extremely creative, dedicated, and possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
We want this to be the coolest job you’ve ever had, and the beginning of an awesome new future with Kenny Flowers.
- You will be responsible for leading the marketing and creative team to ensure that Kenny Flowers’ brand voice is effectively communicated across all marketing channels and customer touchpoints.
- You will set the direction and creative strategy for Kenny Flowers across multiple platforms and ensure this is executed effectively by the relevant members of the team and external partners.
- Evaluate trends, assess new data, keep up-to-date with the latest marketing techniques to implement effective campaigns and ensure the team is creating and executing the right content at the right time across all platforms.
- Understand the customer journey and make magic happen at all touchpoints across email, SMS, social, etc.
- Responsible for identifying (and managing) key hires needed to join the team to create engaging visual and written content across all platforms e.g. copywriters, graphic designers, videographers, brand storytellers. Lead onboarding and training to create a cohesive and fully functioning team of creatives and executors that you will lead.
- Work with contractors and external agencies to keep these teams and individuals synchronized bringing the creative vision to life across campaigns.
- Oversee the team’s daily workflow, assign project workload, monitor deadlines, manage a marketing /ad budgets for maximum ROI and ensure the marketing calendar is planned out ahead of time to avoid last minute rushes.
- Set the strategy and direction for all copy and creative assets on our digital marketing channels. Website, email, SMS, blogs, social media, paid advertising, press, search, etc.
- Identify the creative assets needed across all marketing platforms. From long form documentary style videos for YouTube, to short form content for Instagram and TikTok, from engaging copy for an ad to an SEO optimised blog post - you are ahead of the curve and know exactly what is needed to support our product launches and can ensure the relevant team executes on this.
- Develop and test creative ideas, using data to ensure that our content is continually evolving and generating targeted results.
- Review and approve art, video, photography and copy developed by the team, ensuring deliverables that effectively address marketing goals.
- Develop and execute on a cross platform marketing content calendar.
You are a self-motivated, organized, hard-working, responsible team player with great energy.
- An exceptionally organized innovator eager to deliver an amazing brand experience and a strategic thinker who understands how to analyze data for company-wide use.
- Proven experience as a director of marketing or in a similar creative role.
- Hands-on experience in creative process, marketing, graphic design and brand development.
- Expert in email marketing and SMS, comfortable creating and optimizing workflows together with our external agencies.
- A desire to lead (people, projects, and strategy), and an equally strong desire to execute.
- In depth knowledge of social media content, paid advertising, affiliate marketing, digital marketing, copywriting.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, advertising, or other relevant fields.
- A minimum of 3 years’ ecommerce / fashion digital marketing experience ideally leading a team of creative individuals.
- Have experience managing photoshoots + video shoots, and the ability to lead a crew, models, and the marketing team to create amazing visual content for our brand.
- A strong written, verbal and visual communicator that can showcase our unique brand voice through multiple media channels and in various outreach efforts.
- Able to take direction but operate with minimal supervision, thrive working independently in a constantly-evolving atmosphere. Preferably have prior experience working remote.
- Desire to contribute to an awesome company and product. Hungry and motivated to get Kenny Flowers to the next level. Wholeheartedly embody the lifestyle that Kenny Flowers aims to bring out in others.
- Experience with Google Drive, Shopify, Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Canva, Email Marketing platforms, Facebook Ads Marketing, CJ Affiliate.
Be adaptable and ready to grow. We are a small company which means this position has growth potential for the right candidate.
Who you’ll work with:
- Report to our CEO Kenny Haisfield and work directly with Kenny and the marketing team members involved in the marketing vision and execution.
- Our external marketing partners and contractors to ensure Kenny Flowers marketing efforts are always coordinated and amplified across all channels.
- Our Operations Manager to sync and align campaigns with inventory, launches and campaign timelines.
- Our Customer Success Team to ensure we are improving the customer experience at all times and reflecting our findings across the board.
To apply please email firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line: Director of Marketing - YOUR NAME.
Please include your resume, your social media handles, and a cover letter.